A cat that becomes overheated in summer can suffer from dehydration, shallow
breathing, and can even get heatstroke. Keeping your cat cool is an important
part of ensuring that he/she enjoys a safe and happy summer, especially if there’s
a heat wave.
1. Keep your cat calm
2. Create a “snug retreat”
3. Ensure that your outside area has shade for your cat to enjoy
4. Allow your cat to choose a cool spot for them to rest or hangout.
5. Use a damp towel to cool down your cat.
6. Brush the cat daily.
7. Use your cooling methods to cool them down as well.
8. Always provide access to a supply of cool water.
9. Create cool play for them.
10. Avoid the heatstroke conditions.