Treat your pup to something sweet this October! Try this recipe for Pumpkin Sweet Potato Bites:
1½ Cups Brown Rice Flour
– ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
– 1 Cup Mashed Sweet Potato
– ½ Cup 100% Pure Pumpkin Purée
– ½ Cup Water
– 1 Egg
– 1 Teaspoon Organic Maple Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together brown rice flour and cinnamon.
4. In a separate bowl, mash sweet potato.
5. Add pumpkin, water, egg, and maple syrup to sweet potato and mix until thoroughly combined.
6. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together with a spoon until you’re left with a thick
7. With your fingers, pinch off a small amount of the mixture (approx. 3/4 teaspoon) and roll into
little balls. Place the balls on the baking sheet, spacing them about an inch apart.
8. After treats are placed on the baking sheet, take a fork and flatten the little balls to around a ¼”
9. Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes.
10. Flip them over and continue baking another 10 minutes.
11. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Store in refrigerator for up to a week in an airtight container and in freezer for up to a month.
Happy Halloween from Hallie Hill!